Planning to get your architecture right the first time -Save time and money down the road
- Can I scale the Application Servers horizontally?
- Is Shared Storage required for the Application logs?
- Should I use the Websphere MQ Connection Pooling?
- Do I have a Single Point of Failure in my design?
- Can I have a firewall between my Application and the DB Server?
- Do I need to prepare a Caching Design Document?
Enterprise Architecture and Planning help address all these questions. This activity is usually done as part of the System Definition phase. The scope includes the consideration of clustering, load balancing and redundancy needs. It considers I/O subsystems, network bandwidth, latency, firewall, auxillary systems like stand-by and reporting. It also consider integrations with other systems.