- Establish and implement a QA strategy, create the detailed QA plan and manage test execution for Perfaware’s OMS products and projects portfolio (Sterling OMS, Enspire OMS)
- Promote, foster and proactively implement the use of quality assurance best practices and standards on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinate with onsite and offshore team and be responsible for all QA activities on a project: creating test plans, writing test cases, performing functional and exploratory testing, managing test coverage, effectively communicating statuses, defect management and coordinating meetings.
- Work with cross-functional team members to define and understand functional & non-functional requirements and capture business requirements through behavior driven test scripts.
- Oversee and delegate work to QA Associates, team members and Interns, as needed.
- Create and maintain (in conjunction with the QA team) efficient automated scripts that utilize clean code and best practice coding standards.
- Manage and maintain efficiencies in the automated script execution and script development through the implementation of automation best practices.
- Maintain a high level of situational awareness regarding all activities relevant to meeting project schedules, customer SLAs, and providing regular status updates to management and relevant stakeholders.
- Research new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks to enhance value to our clients and improve productivity.
- Participate in Hiring activities, take up certifications, meet compliance requirements and attend meetings
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering preferably Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5+ years of progressive IT experience with 3+ years work experience in the area of software testing/quality assurance spanning manual test execution and automated test creation and execution
- 1+ year experience leading QA initiatives for complex systems.
- 2+ years Experience working on large eCommerce or OMS projects – IBM Sterling OMS preferred.
- Proficient in testing software manually; including but not limited to experience-based, context, exploratory, and scenario testing.
- Experience applying testing skills: Test plan and test case formulation, report creation, defect tracking, business requirement/system specification analysis for complex projects covering positive and negative scenarios for white/gray/black box testing, unit testing, functional testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Experience developing or maintaining a suite of automated functional tests
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using various testing methodologies and industry standard testing tools.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Self-starter with motivation and diligence to drive towards results
- Enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies and techniques
- Familiar with SQL, Sterling API tester, Postman, SOAPUI and other tools for manual testing
- Attentive to detail with focus on accurate results
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as appropriate.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Familiar with working in Agile/Scrum environments and using modern technologies – Webservices, REST, Big data.
- Supply chain domain knowledge and business acumen
- Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Located in Bangalore and willing to travel onsite for short term as needed.
About the Company:
Perfaware is a niche technology consulting start-up with a primary focus to serve companies using leading solutions for Order Management, Supply Chain Management, e-Commerce and Enterprise Integration in partnership with IBM, Enspire Commerce & MuleSoft. We are building an exciting, dynamic and fun work environment where technical skills and delighting the customer are valued above all. Unmatched learning opportunities on the latest tools and technologies such as Big Data and Analytics await our employees. For more information visit us at www.perfaware.com.
|Job Category||Software QA|