Sr. Software Engineer (Big Data/Enterprise Integration)
Responsibilities of a Sr. Software Engineer (Backend) include:
- Develop a modern and scalable Enterprise Integration solution by designing and writing code in an Agile development methodology
- Work with team to understand business requirements and translate it to an awesome solution through an iterative mindset starting with a MVP
- Work closely with the Architect to adhere to best practices, coding conventions and platform, as well as provide feedback
- Proactively consider and adhere to non-functional requirements, specifically high availability, resiliency, scalability, and data consistency.
- Help in the evaluation of toolkits and tech stack elements considering ease of maintenance, scalability and stability
- Assist in installing and maintaining the new technical stack components – Cassandra, Kafka, REDIS and otherr
- Support the sizing and maintenance of Big Data infrastructure and tech stack
- Participate in determining testing strategy and execution of test cases
- Design and develop Proof-of-Concept solutions for new features
- Develop and test solutions to work with Container technologies – Docker and Kubernetes
- Upto 25% Travel needed (Tue-Thurs) to work at our customer location (1 in 4 weeks during course of project) (US Based resource will travel 1 in 3-4 weeks, Blore based resources may have to travel to local client office)
- 4-10 years experience as Software Engineer working on sotware development for scalable applications
- Proficient in Java (Spring MVC/Hibernate) including Java Persistence, JAXB, Jersey, Java 8, Design Patterns, Microservices Architecture
- Hands-on real world (not PoC or personal projects) commercial experience spanning –
- 1 or more years experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), RESTful web services and Integration techniques
- 1 or more years experience with at least one NoSQL Database – preferably Cassandra and exposure to RDBMS like Oracle or DB2
- 1 or more years experience developing solutions/APIs/microservices with Kafka, Cassandra, REDIS, Elastic, Hazelcast, MongoDB, Spark Streaming (or Flink/Beam)
- Comfortable using version control software, preferably Git / GitHub/Bitbucket.
- Good Understanding and hand on experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP)
- Quick learner with a sharp mind and aptitude for technological innovation
- Detail-oriented and produces high quality work under demanding circumstances
- Go-Getter willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science; equivalent experience may be considered.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Only For US based roles)
Nice to have:
- Ability to rapidly prototype for new requirements and harness new tools
- Experience deploying with Docker containers /Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Retail/Ecommerce/Supply Chain domain.
Note to recruiter:
Prefer candidates in East or Central timezones near a major airport as travel could be required once in 4 weeks to client location
Preference will be given to candidates in Dallas/Charlotte or willing to relocate to Dallas.
Competitive annual bonus offered at 10-20% of salary
|Job Category||Software Development|