The Technical Project Manager role is intended to manage and adapt continuously to project goals. This highly collaborative role will need to work closely with account and technology teams (internal and extended) to deliver quality solutions to our customers. Perfaware’s Consultants implement, support and tune best-of-breed software products such as IBM Sterling OMS, Salesforce Commerce, etc. while working in a collaborative environment. This role offers more variety and complexity than a typical Project Manager role with unparalleled learning and exposure to different technologies, software development methodologies (Scrum, Waterfall, Hybrid etc.), enterprise clients and systems’ landscape.
- Understand complexities of a large Omnichannel commerce program and provide guidance for Implementation teams & clients.
- Interact with Delivery managers, Partners and other organizational units such as Dev, QA, Operations, and external IT partners.
- Simultaneously drive 1 or more projects to completion while ensuring quality goals and business objectives are met
- Negotiate scope, schedule, and funding with external IT and business partners.
- Assertively state Perfaware’s position and build consensus to make suitable decision or get buy-in on proposals
- Drive execution of contracts, change orders and report actuals to project stakeholders
- Establish common goals across multiple teams and define useful metrics and reporting to track team performance.
- Manage milestones, timelines and deliverables across multiple teams.
- Lead teams of software developers and testers through the completion of all phases of the project.
- Share project status updates with internal and external management
- Track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Produce deliverables as directed by project sponsor and management in alignment with each engagement’s Statement of Work
- Report to project sponsor, management and stakeholders –using meeting minutes, action logs, risk registers, milestone attainment reports and status reports
- Escalate risks and issues to keep projects on track and on budget
- Work in EST, CST or PST timezones in a flexible manner depending on client projects
- Identify and communicate lessons learned and incorporate prior lessons learned as best practices into projects
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading projects within a technical environment.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience leading projects in an Agile development environment as a Scrum Master or Tech lead
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience across Retail /CPG /Distribution sectors and IT Consulting services firms
- Proficiency in Project Management tools – MS Project, Excel, JIRA, Smartsheet, Asana etc.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Consulting industry experience with strong relationship management, account management, and sales support experience.
- Experience leading projects with diverse scope such as eCommerce/OMS/ERP/WMS Packaged software Implementation, custom solution/API work, software upgrades, back-end integration etc.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines across Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Highly proficient in collaborating with project stakeholders, end-users, business partners, and technical team members to deliver high quality projects.
- Hands on with project documentation. Well-versed in industry best-practices and current technologies.
- Prior background in managing large, multi-team engagements.
- Hands-on experience with proposal creation and leading proposal presentations.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Travel may be necessary for up to 2 weeks in 3 months
- PMP or equivalent certification or Certified SAFe Agile Scrummaster.
- Experience with Global Delivery Model
- Familiarity with modern Time & Expense tracking tools
About the Company:
Perfaware is a US headquartered niche technology consulting firm with a primary focus to serve companies using leading solutions for Order Management, Supply Chain Management, e-Commerce and Enterprise Integration in partnership with IBM & Salesforce. We are building an exciting, dynamic and fun work environment where technical skills and delighting the customer are valued above all. With teams in US, India and Chile we are poised to serve the evolving and growing needs of our Retail, Distribution, CPG and Logistics clients.
Perfaware’s full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perfaware a great place to work. For more information visit us at www.perfaware.com